River Breez Houseboats
Conditions of Hire
- The current prices are subject to change.
- After a reservation deposit is paid the price quoted will not change.
Payments & Security Bonds
- A booking is not guaranteed until the full deposit is received.
- The standard deposit is $1000.
- We require up to half of the hire fee to be paid 12 weeks prior to arrival with the balance of the hire fee to be paid 6 weeks prior to arrival. Non payment of these dates will be taken as a cancellation and the conditions detailed under the “cancellations” section of these conditions of hire will apply.
- A cash bond of $1500 is payable on arrival. The bond is in addition to the hire charge and will be refunded less fuel charges within 7 days of the boat being returned in good clean condition.
- Single sex groups can book at the discretion of the owners & will incur a higher bond which will be determined by the owners if confirmed.
- Groups where some or all of the occupants on the boat are under the age of 30 may incur a higher security bond which will be determined by the owners.
- A description of you group (number of males and females and the average age of the people in your group) should be discussed with the owners prior to your arrival.
- Cancellations must be made a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the hire for a refund to be payable. A cancellation of $150 will apply.
- If a cancellation is made between 6 (six) & eight (8) weeks prior to commencement a cancellation fee equivalent to 20% of the total hire fee will apply. A refund of the remainder of the deposit will be payable only when the same boat has been hired for the same period at the same price. A cancellation fee of $150 will apply.
- Cancellations made less than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the hire will result in the forfeit of all monies paid.
- This cancellation policy is not negotiable therefore hirers are advised to secure separate travel insurance in order to be reimbursed in the event of a cancellation.
- Requests to transfer or re-schedule bookings will be considered as a cancellation and the terms as set out in these conditions will apply.
- All occupants of the vessel are required to read & sign a comprehensive hire and charter agreement prior to departure.
- If the group, as described when the houseboat booking was made differs from the group on arrival the proprietors reserve the right to nominate an additional security bond to be paid or terminate the hire without reimbursement of hire fees.
- Occupants under 18 years of age require the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Sub-letting of the boat is not permitted.
- Arrivals after 6pm may be required to remain at the dock until the following morning.
- Houseboats are available for boarding at 3pm on the first day of hire.
- The boat must be vacated by 9.30am on the final day of hire.
- The houseboat must be returned in good clean condition or an extra cleaning charge will apply.
- NO pets, firearms, fuel, trail/motorbikes or chainsaws are allowed on board the boat.
- If arriving after 4pm please phone 0447 884 442 prior to arrival.
- In the unlikely event of unfavorable river conditions, or any unforeseen circumstances, causing danger to the houseboat, the proprietors reserve the right to re-arrange the booking. Every effort will be made to give notice in advance if such circumstances arise.
- We provide accommodation on a houseboat on the Murray River. We cannot be held responsible if activities and or events can’t be undertaken on the river due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We agree to have the boat, motor and accessories in good working order. We will not be obliged to compensate the hirer for loss of time due to unforeseen mechanical problems during the hire period.
- We cannot guarantee uninterrupted power supply for medical devices. If an occupant has a medical device such as a sleep apnea machine you are advised to bring your own backup power supply for the device.
- The boat may only move during daylight hours on the Murray River.
- Anyone who drives the boat must be over 18 years of age and must hold a full current car drivers licence or boat licence.
- The number of people on the boat must not exceed the number of berths allowed. A child over the age of 12 months is counted as one person.